Last seen almost six months ago, the Huawei Smartwatch is now available for preorder. American customers can order them from GetHuawei.com, the Google Store, Amazon, and Best Buy. Preorders are set to ship on September 17 of this year. The watch will be offered in three different styles, with several straps and bands featured for customization. Pricing for the base model, which features a stainless steel casing and a black leather strap, will begin at $349. The top-of-the-line model, which includes rose gold-plated stainless steel casing and link bracelet, will go for $799.
It seems that serious effort has been placed on emphasizing the “watch” aspect of this device. The device features a 400 x 400 resolution AMOLED display which is always on. If a user isn’t actively tilting their wrist to access the smartwatch’s notifications and features, it’s ambient watch mode is on by default. As long as the device has power, it is always a watch, unless commanded to be otherwise.
- Even with the display always on, the device is reported to have well over a day of battery life.
- The straps offered for the smartwatch look to be setting a new standard, as great care has been put into the planning and manufacture of each one. The leather strap that is available surpasses the quality of the other similar Android Wear offerings we’ve seen so far. In addition, a user friendly quick-release pin function allows for easy removal and replacement of the straps for those that appreciate versatility in form.
- Each smartwatch will feature 40 faces right out of the box in addition to those available in the Android Wear store.
- The smartwatch uses 1.2Ghz Snapdragon 400, has 512MB of RAM, and includes 4GB of storage.
- Design of the watch features a 300mAh battery.