Sony has become one of the world leaders in smartwatch technology, and at this year’s CES event they debuted their next gen lineup. Called the Sony Smartwatch 3 which will be the first Sony wearable watch featured on the Android Wear operating system. The announcement came somewhat of a surprise as the fifth installment will be the first Sony Smartwatch to be featured the number one smartwatch OS.
Sony Smartwatch 3 Release Date, Specs, and Features
Sony officially announced the new Sony Smartwatch 3 and is setting up for a huge February 2015 release. Sony is looking to feature the release worldwide by the end of the month, and is very opportunistic that this will happen. Consumer will have many choices and see many differences between the Sony Smartwatch 3 and the previous four versions, and many familiar features as well.
The Sony Smartwatch 3 specs are comparable with other upcoming releases.
- 6” Transflective display with a screen resolution of 320 x 320
- Quad Arm A7 processor at1.2 ghz
- 512 MB RAM
- 4 GB eMMC
- 420 mAh Battery
The biggest news is that it will now be featured on the Android Wear operating system, which has been regarded by most as the best OS for smartwatches. Some of the many other Sony Smartwatch 3 features are below:
- Water resistant
- Android Wear OS
- Sensors including ambient light, barometer, accelerometer, gryro, GPS, compass
- 3 different color options and 5 different watch band designs to choose from
- Compatible with Android devices running Android 4.3 or higher
- Micro USB and Bluetooth 4.0,
- Voice, touch, and gesture user controls
- Limited standalone functionality