By Muhammad Warraich – Founder and Editor at Tazertech.com
In the past IFA (the global trade show for consumer electronics) was used by companies to launch their flagship smartphones. Surprisingly, this year’s IFA is rumored to be the groundbreaker for many wearable devices.
Samsung’s Gear S2 stands out at the most anticipated product. Teasers have been helping the watch gain attention around the tech world. Dennis Miloseski, head of Samsung Design America recently posted his image on Instagram while he was wearing Gear S2. Miloseski said that he was taking it for a “test drive”.
Samsung has launched its flagship smartphones for 2015 already and now it is obvious that Samsung is relying heavily on its Smartwatch to make a splash at the IFA event.
- Samsung’s Gear S2 will have a round face unlike its predecessor.
- It will probably run using Samsung’s Tizen Operating System.
- The photo posted by Samsung’s official suggests that it might be a bit slimmer as compared to its competitors.
- On-board GPS will help track your location without the help of a phone – giving it an edge over Apple’s smartwatch which needs an iPhone for tracking.
- AMOLED curved screen of 2.0 inches will provide a more elegant and user friendly look.
- Reportedly, Gear S2 will have a dual core 1.2GHz Exynos processor.
All in all, Samsung’s Gear S2 appears to have a stylish look and improved features that will have consumers headed to the nearest store as soon as it becomes available.
The questions remains: will Samsung be able to take over the wearable tech market with this launch? With the official launch date set for September 3, interested market experts and consumers will only have to wait a few more days for the answer.
Are you planning on purchasing the Samsung Gear S2 ? Why did you decide on this wearable?